Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday




1. Fairy Doors, Nothin But Wood
2. Beach Days-Genuine Sea Glass Keepsake Locket, Sea Find Design

It's rain and clouds, cold and windy. Oh Wednesday, turn me around, turn me around. During my search for beauty, and that elusive season of spring, I found Nothin But Wood and Sea Find Design on Etsy and the sun found its way into my home.

The Fairy Doors are enchanting, nostalgic--born of magic and wistful afternoons. I would like to take my index finger and thumb and gently knock on that tree. What sprite would appear, I wonder? Would they invite me in for tea and biscuits? This garden-treat is a dainty reminder to live, let live, and find a way to believe in fairies, even for a moment.

As fairy doors and gardens filled my mind during this journey to beauty, I immediately fell in love with an exquisite piece of jewelry at Sea Find Design. In the heart of this locket is a piece of sea glass that confesses to centuries of waves and sun and sand. Smoothed by the tempest, rolled by the spirit, this necklace celebrates freedom as wide as the ocean and as unfathomable as a dream. Breathtaking.

I hope all of you find yourself in the middle of a rainy day. Then, at that critical moment when you're looking for sunshine, you're lucky enough to discover summer beauty.



3 comments:

  1. Those fairy doors are so cute!

    Good find! I'll have to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing fairy doors last spring on Etsy and immediately thought of you and Kris! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is really beautiful, what a find! Thanks for stopping by my art blog and becoming a follower!
    T.

    ReplyDelete