Monday, April 20, 2009

And the Adventure Commences!


I have long dreamed of starting my own business. I've worked on a freelance writing career for the past five years and while it has definite ups (and definite downs), I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. While dabbling in the world of writing, I've realized two things. First, writing is my passion. Second, I need an artistic outlet to rest my mind when I'm not writing.

I've searched for many different ways to express my artistic side. I've painted with watercolors but I truly believe I'll only be mediocre for the rest of my life (and I'm okay with that). I've tried photography but I see the masters of photography and I put my pictures on facebook and leave things well enough alone.

So, on a gray day without planning on a hobby to become a future, I discovered the joy of making signs. It's ironic that my signs include words and words are my living. I guess we can't actually run from ourselves or the work we love.

With all of this in mind, I've begun the adventure with Chickadee Chic. Chickadee Chic is my little Etsy shop. The grand opening will be April 27, 2009 and I am really excited to begin. Through my Blog, I would like to share the tradition of handmade items and to remember the quality that our great-grandparents most likely enjoyed; I would like everyone who reads my Blog to be enveloped in beauty and all the lovely things this world has to offer; and above all else, I would like to connect with people who are like-minded. When it comes right down to it, the time we have here on earth is short. I would like to spend mine in the pursuit of beauty and the pursuit of compassion. How would you like to spend your time?

2 comments: